Who wants to be a Santa for the unfortunate children this year?
It’s that time of year again where we open our hearts to those who need extra support! As always, the Mums&Tots group will be holding our annual “Letters to Santa” charity for the children of the Children’s Home & School in Pacanów. This year it will be the 11th year in a row.
How does “LETTER TO SANTA” work?
- You will get a handwritten personal letter from one of the children addressed to Santa – YOU
- Children ask for different things but the main principle for every Santa would be to buy:
– something for education
– something for pleasure and fun
– something practical (shoes prevail over clothes)
– something special
PLEASE REMEMBER that these are children who watch TV, just like ours, and see the same commercials, so although their requests may sometimes seem over the top, please don’t hold it against them, and simply fulfill their wishes based on the monetary amount set.
- Budget: PLN 250 per child. This year, in order to keep things fair among the children receiving Christmas gifts, the amount is set. However, if you wish to be more generous, you can take on more children or contact us that we can get something bigger for the Children’s Home or School.
- Enclosed will be all available information about the child and sizes
- Presents need to be wrapped and tagged with a child’s name and delivered to one of the locations to be advised before January 6th. This will also give you the chance to wait for the after-Christmas shopping sales where you can get more for less! 🙂
- We will be travelling to Pacanów (3,5 hours drive out of Warsaw, 70 km. south of Kielce) on January 9th. You can join us for the trip to see the children and help us to deliver the presents. Your children are welcome as well. It will be a wonderful experience you will never forget.
For those mums and dads who are new to Warsaw, please get in touch with us for any help looking for shopping centers or outlet stores (e.g. Fashion Outlet in Piaseczno for shoes and clothes, Factory Outlet in Ursus, etc …). You are also welcome to donate any used clothing and household appliances separately.
If you would like to be a Santa this year, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or send private message to one of us on Facebook with your name, email and a phone number and we will be in touch soon!
Please, ask your friends, family, neighbors, co-workers if they wish to become a Santa. Maybe you know someone or a company who can donate some sweets or small stuff for the kids.
THANK YOU for your continued support … the children LOVE and APPRECIATE it very much!
Charity team (Kasia Hudz-Skoczek, Magdalena Poniznik, Angelique Stege and Jasna Korze)